We plan to wait until Lucy’s vet visit on Wednesday to talk options.

But I know she can only decline. There’s no sudden bounce-back with a tumor on the brain. It’s been awful this weekend, especially her refusing to eat.

If it can only get worse from here, if improvement is off the table and prolonging and delaying are all that’s left, then there are two fast approaching outcomes and one involves slightly less suffering for her.

And I know I owe her that.

But it’s agony. Pure Hell.

I cuddled her on the bed today. Hand-fed her baby food. I know she’s not all in there.

I hate this. 💔